Pest infestations in Phoenix homes are problematic for a variety of reasons. Although the most pressing difficulties associated with a pest infestation are the damage bugs do and the health risks they pose, an infestation is more than that.
Pests also divert your attention away from more important tasks. Pests force you to focus on them instead of spending time with your family and doing the things you enjoy, while also producing a lot of unnecessary stress in your life.
How to keep your home pest-free in Phoenix, AZ this 2022
For almost twenty-two years, Porter Pest Management, LLC and HOA.com have provided pest control services in Arizona. Check out these pest-free tips for your Phoenix home in 2022.
Maintain a Clean and Organized Kitchen
- Scraps of food, standing water, and other loose organic matter will invite invading pests into your home unless you sweep floors and wipe down surfaces.
Repair any cracks or openings
- Pests can enter your home through cracks in the foundation, as well as untreated entryways, vents, and windows that could benefit from screens. Make careful to use finer screens and bug-resistant caulk to seal any troublesome openings in your house.
Proper Food Storage
- Any food that hasn’t been sealed, whether it’s yours or your pets’, can attract bugs, rats, and other pests. Ensure that all food items are kept in sealed containers.
Proper Waste Storage
- Each chance you provide for a pest to locate food increases the likelihood that they will end up in your home. Trash cans should be securely sealed and cleaned regularly, whether inside or outside your home. Similarly, ensure sure all food scraps are securely bagged and sealed to prevent aromas from attracting insects and rats.
Keep Debris Off Your Property
- Invading insects and rodents prefer rubbish, organic waste, and clutter. They look for any useful resource for feeding and nesting, which makes your home the most valuable of them.
Keep firewood and newspapers out of your house.
- Firewood and newspaper are useful for homes, but pests looking for a home will find them just as useful. If you keep these items on your property, make sure they’re at least 10 feet away from your exterior walls.
Plants and Shrubs Should Be Trimmed Around Your Home
- For numerous reasons, plants and bushes attract bees, spiders, and other pests. If your trees and other foliage are leaning against your house or close to your entryways, they can act as simple bridges for intruders to access and infiltrate your home.
Conduct regular pest inspections
- Intermittently inspecting your garage, attic, crawlspaces, and yard can help you notice a potential insect infestation brewing around your home before it becomes a greater problem. Professional pest control companies, thankfully, provide frequent home treatments, ensuring that infestations are dealt with as soon as they’re discovered.
If you follow these pest-proofing tips for your Phoenix home, you’ll be much more likely to avoid serious pest infestations than if you do nothing. However, if you have a pest problem that persists despite your preventative measures, it may be time to contact expert pest control services.
Get The Best Pest Control In Phoenix, AZ
Allowing bugs or rodents to harm your reputation is not an option. Instead, call Porter Pest Management, LLC for pest control services; our team has the knowledge and experience to get rid of pigeons, termites, bed bugs, scorpions, bees, and more.
If you’re looking for a local pest control company in Phoenix, AZ, you’ve come to the right place. Schedule your appointment today at (480) 269-5991.